Workshop by Diemo Schwarz, Mikhail Malt and Christopher Trapani
Workshop by Diemo Schwarz, Mikhail Malt (IRCAM) and Christopher Trapani
Dates: 17 – 21 July 2018 (morning and afternoon)
Participants: Composers, Improvisers, Sound Artists, Performers, Instrumentalists, Media Artists
Applicants in this call must be enrolled as participants!
Prior Knowledge: good knowledge of Max
Topics: concatenative synthesis, mosaicing, live electronics, digital musical instruments, audio descriptors, timbre space navigation, composing with sound archives, granular synthesis
More information: http://ismm.ircam.fr/catart
Deadline for applications: 8 June 2018
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
CataRT is a technology devoted to structuring sound grains obtained from large sound data bases of any kind according to sound characteristics automatically analyzed and chosen by the user. Thus, sound databases and archives may be explored quickly and intuitively for use in the areas of musical composition, sound design, live performance and improvisation. The workshop will be mainly devoted to presenting the technology and giving participants the chance to use it via “hands-on” sessions in order to acquire the skills necessary for creating compositions, installations, digital instruments and personalized creative tools. At the end of the workshop performances will take place for presenting the participants projects as well as works by invited artist Alexis Baskind. This workshop will be led by Diemo Schwarz, Mikhail Malt (IRCAM), Christopher Trapani (Columbia University, New York) and will be limited to 16 participants having a good knowledge of Max programming.
EQUIPMENT TO BRING
– computer with the following software installed:
– Max (at least version 6.1)
– Mubu package installed from Max package manager, or forumnet
– catart-mubu patches from https://github.com/Ircam-RnD/catart-mubu
– bach, cage packages from Max package manager
– headphones (obligatory)
– if desired: instruments, controllers (MIDI or other), microphone and audio interface
Please prepare a short CV and complete this questionnaire:
– pdf: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i-27wgEGeH9I0m723JroJIh0iR7FBG3L
– doc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Laf6_JPgbJdi_m0Lx5DpQiIDuybODIAC
Please send all materials to
by 8 June 2018.