Workshop Cathy Milliken
With selection process
Participants: composers and instrumentalists
Deadline for submissions: 8 June 2018
Applicants in this call must already be enrolled as participants!
Maximum number of participants: 20 (passive participation is not possible)
Workshop: Three participatory workshops (3 hours each) for composers and performers aimed at making a group composition and performing it.
“..through the process of exchange, people may become aware of their own views and expand their understanding of another”.
(Richard Sennett, “Together”)
Dates of Workshops
Three workshops lasting 3 hours each will take place on three days during the Darmstadt Summer Course (14 to 28 July 2018).
Composers, Performers – Instrumentalists, Vocalists, Singers, Speakers, Actors, Movers
No specific knowledge of group composition is needed. It is expected that all applicants are proficient in their field.
- composing and shaping a musical work (text, sound, music, movement) together
- discussing forms of leadership during participatory processes.
- incorporating participatory processes into ones own artistic practice.
- challenging ones own thought processes
About the Workshops
“Participatory making” and “process” are the basis for this project call. Both composers and performers are invited to take part in this series of three workshops devoted to making a performance piece together as well as examining the processes of participation and collaboration. The performance will retain a casual workshop format. Required is an interest in making a musical work together.
Please e-mail the following documents to
by 8 June 2018:
– a short biography
– an expression of interest in taking part in the project noting experience in participatory (collaborative) projects to date and/or or the reason why you would like to take part.
Cathy Milliken will select 20 participants by in June 2018.
Applicants must already be enrolled as participants of the Darmstadt Summer Course 2018.