Studio Christian Dierstein, Françoise Rivalland & Håkon Stene
Instrumental studio with selection procedure
Tutors: Christian Dierstein, Françoise Rivalland & Håkon Stene
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2018
The tutors will choose the participants of the percussion studio. Applicants will be notified by the end of April 2018 latest. Online booking for this studio will be opened afterwards to the selected participants.
Contents of the percussion studio:
1) Performance of Liza Lim’s „Atlas of the Sky“ (Thursday, 19 July 2018)
with Speak Percussion from Australia
Percussion students (approx 20 players) will be forming an onstage mob.
2) percussion ensemble concert (Friday, 20 July 2018) with pieces by Thomas Meadowcroft, Michael Maierhof, Atli Ingólfsson
Part of the concert is a presentation of the workshop with Milica Djordjevic for composers.
3) „Nature Theater of Darmstadt“ (Thursday, 26 July 2018)
Project with composers Lucia Ronchetti and Cathy Milliken, the percussion tutors Françoise Rivalland, Christian Dierstein, Håkon Stene, all percussion students and 6-10 composer students:
open-air laboratory in different locations of Darmstadt where composers and percussionists can use city structures and elements of nature like trees or stones, working structures, mechanism, fountains, in order to create a percussive theatre.
4) masterclasses with Håkon Stene, Françoise Rivalland, Christian Dierstein and Speak Percussion
5) individual lessons:
Håkon Stene (first week)
Françoise Rivalland (2nd week)
Christian Dierstein (both weeks)
6) class concert with solo pieces