Studio Christian Dierstein, Françoise Rivalland & Håkon Stene
Two-week instrumental studio with selection process
Tutors: Christian Dierstein, Françoise Rivalland & Håkon Stene
Application deadline: 31 March 2020
Program Percussion Studio 2020
1) Percussion ensemble concert with works by Georges Aperghis, Kaija Saariaho, Malin Bång, Jessie Marino, Sarah Nemtsov, Simon Løffler, Kristine Tjøgersen and others
2a) A music theatre project based on Georges Aperghis’ Enumerations
Tutors: Georges Aperghis, Christian Dierstein and Françoise Rivalland
2b) An improvisation project
Tutor: Tyshawn Sorey
3) Open-air performances where participants from the composition class collaborate with percussionists, saxophone and accordion players using different locations in the city of Darmstadt.
Tutors: David Helbich and Catherine Milliken (composition), Marcus Weiss (saxophone), Krassimir Sterev (accordion), Christian Dierstein Françoise Rivalland und Håkon Stene (percussion)
Call for Sketches (Deadline for composers: ⚠️ 15 December 2019)
4) Masterclasses with Christian Dierstein, Françoise Rivalland and Håkon Stene
5) Individual lessons:
- Christian Dierstein (both weeks)
- Håkon Stene (first week)
- Françoise Rivalland (second week)
6) Class concert with solo pieces
The tutors Christian Dierstein, Françoise Rivalland und Håkon Stene will select the participants of their studio.
- A repertoire list of contemporary works performed (solo as well as chamber music)
Applicants are requested to merge all documents into ONE SINGLE PDF file (LASTNAME_Firstname_Percussion_2020.pdf) and e-mail it by 31 March 2020 to:
Please note that we cannot consider any remarks, links, or information outside the PDF!
If you have sound or video files, please upload them on a cloud and provide the link in the PDF, thank you!
If you have questions, please e-mail email@example.com!
Applicants will be notified by mid of April 2020. Online booking for this studio will be opened afterwards to the selected participants.